CCI’s Moral Reconation Therapy® – MRT-based domestic violence curriculum is used with many batterers programs as the primary treatment method. MRT meets most state requirements for batterer treatment programs and is approved by most states for use with batterer programs.
All MRT domestic violence facilitators must complete domestic violence MRT training.
During the training, each new facilitator will receive a copy of the following:
- Bringing Peace to Relationships (MRT workbook)
- MRT for DV Counselors’ Handbook (contains information on the group process, specific objective criteria and guidelines for all exercises and tasks in MRT for DV, and specific “how to” instructions)
- A variety of MRT for DV client exercises and DV articles
- Effective Counseling Approaches for Chemical Abusers and Offenders
- Understanding & Treating Antisocial Personality Disorder: Criminals, Chemical Abusers & Batterers (contains information on treating the most resistant of clients)
- Self Preservation: Resources & Hints for Crime Victims (a victim’s resource book using the principles and concepts of MRT)
- Spiritual Reflections
- Crisis Intervention
- 5 Minute Stress Manager and Imaginary Time Out CD
All participants receive a certificate of attendance/completion. Continuing education units are available from Louisiana State University at Shreveport.